Friday, May 2, 2014

Friday Nite Lights

This is the view of the city we get from our little back porch.  The glow of lights is from the stadium, and on a clear night mum gets a lot of pleasure of seeing the twinkling of the lights in the suburbs surrounding the harbour.  Our city is actually on the rim of an ancient volcano, that is why it is a circular ring of hills surrounding the water.

Mum ventured out from the burbs, and went to town tonight.  It was one of the besties birthdays, and it was a lovely evening, with good food, great company and some laughter.  A good thing to do every now and again.  I stayed home and manned the fort.  There was  fancy feast and some cuddles for me when she got home.  Mum then sat and watched Graham Norton.  Russell Crowe was a guest - mum does still like him.

Hope you all had a fun Friday too.


11 comments:

  1. What a lovely photo Poppy!x
    I was born in a village at the base of a volcano, Mt Etna...
    My Mum always used to say..When l was born, it erupted...AND..It's been erupting ever since....HeHe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool night shot, Poppy. We're glad your mum had a great time, celebrating her friend's birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Friday's just beginning. It won't get better until I leave work. But my foster-cat Cammie is leaving me today. I will miss her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great views from your new home, Poppy. All we can see is into the back of another house. Will your mum be home with you this weekend?

    ReplyDelete
  5. poppy Q....we haz knot got ta fryday nite quite yet...all most !!! N thatz kinda kelw bout yur city...bet therz knot a lot oh cities that can say they used ta bee ona volcanoez !!

    enjoy yur time with mum

    heerz two a wild whitefish week oh end ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooh that is a wonderful night view from your porch! Have you come across Mark Gee - he is from Wn and takes amazing night sky photos. Love Leanne

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh that is a lovely night view. From my window, I look out over gardens and backs of houses. Lots of birdies too. Your mum sounds like as though she is having a good start to the weekend. Meow, Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a good weekend Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Graham Norton, one of my favourite Friday night viewings on the TV!!

    ReplyDelete