Thursday, October 22, 2015

Hahaha Thursday

Hahaha mum laughed when she saw this photos - looks like I was laughing too.  This is my box that mum let me have to play in.  I like to sit in a couple of times a day.

Mum has enjoyed having a couple of days off, we have been relaxing and having sleep ins.  Yesterday was sunny but very windy in the city.  Mum took herself out for lunch, a lovely tasty chicken cannelloni, that was more broccoli than protein filled.  Mum was going to tell them, but she is reluctant to complain unless there is a real issue.

Then she took herself off to see The Martian, which she enjoyed a lot.  A nice chance to have a little day out.

Today was spent being very lazy.  It was cloudy and cool out, so mum stayed home and pottered.  Tonight she has the movie version of Les Mis playing.  She thought she would enjoy it, but musicals are not really her thing, and although the actors are great, mum has found it a bit of a bore.  She doesn't mind Grease and she quite enjoyed seeing Phantom in London years ago, but has never really enjoyed any others.  What kind of middle aged lady is she?

Anyway we hope you have had a nice Thursday day.

7 comments:

  1. I'm not keen on musicals either Poppy!x
    I remember seeing the remake of 'Little
    Shop of Horrors'. First 10mins was great,
    then they started singing....It was on a DVD,
    so no problem...Just took it off! :).

    Nearly lunch time over here...Suns out, so l
    shall enjoy something out on the patio!
    I think there's some cold duck in the fridge.
    So that's that sorted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppy, dear, your mum is watching the last of the musicals, when volume was a poor substitue for melody, and actors made faces because they couldn't sing their lines on key. Suggest to her that she take a peek at "Flower Drum Song" and "South Pacific" -- or watch any musical that stars Donald O'Connor and Mitzi Gaynor, or Deanna Durbin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poppy, that's a cute photo of you and your box!

    It seems your mum has had a very enjoyable day!

    Our biped loves old musicals, for the dancing. Back in the big band and swing days. Fred Astaire et al. And she loved the singing and dancing in "Chicago," with Richard Gere and Catherine Zeta-Jones. That sort of thing. Bliss! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poppy, I used to love musicals in my 20s. But now in my mid 50s, they just bore me to tears. With the exception of Singing in the Rain! I could watch that every day!!! The dancing is phenomenal! Of course I've always had a crush on Gene Kelly...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad to read that your mum like "The Martian". I hope to see that soon, too. I read a funny line somewhere: "What with 'Saving Private Ryan', 'Interstellar' and 'The Martian', the United States is spending an awful lot of time and money rescuing Matt Damon"...

    ReplyDelete
  6. That must have been some joke Poppy! Have fun in your box and enjoy the time with the mum bean.

    Sasha, Sami, & Saku

    ReplyDelete
  7. poppy Q...we iz late enuff with R postin that itz all reddy fry day heer & caturday at yur place ....inn deed it doez look like ewe iz laffin !!! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete