Saturday, November 5, 2016

Caturday Call Out

Where can Miss Poppy Be?   Who is under the quilt?  We had visitors during the week, and so I have decided that the spare bed is the place to be at the moment.  Mum knows that it is a sure sign that the season is turning and spring has sprung as I have my annual migration from her bed to the spare bed as I get too warm and toasty and she gets restless tossing and turning.

Mum had to work early this morning so had headed to bed at 11pm last night and read her book for a short while.  In the middle of the night she heard me calling out, over and over.  So she had to get up and glanced at the clock.  It was 3:15am.  I didn't want anything in particular, but mum sat beside me and patted me for 10 minutes til I settled down and went back to sleep.  She was wondering if I had a bad dream.  She hopes it is not a sign of senior senility.  Hopefully not.

So after a day at work, mum and I snuggled in for the evening.  There was an episode of Game of Thrones to watch and an easy dinner of leftovers for the mumster and a feast for me.  It was Guy Fawkes night here, and we get a bit of a few of the cities display over the harbour.  Although large and loud it only lasts for 10 minutes.  There are a few houses letting off personal displays, but a lot less noise than other years.

So hope you have had a fun Caturday.   Do you ever wake your humans up in the middle of the night?

7 comments:

  1. HeHe! I think we all knew who/what that lump is Poppy!x
    All those lovely places to snuggle down in..! :).

    Bonfires/fireworks over here to~night...Hate it..Really
    hate it..always have, should be banned once and for all!
    What a waste of time and money...Silly people!!! :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can't possibly guess where you are, Poppy! ;-)

    We wake the human all the time at night. In younger years, Nicki would meowl his fool head off while carrying a toy mouse around, or create some other ruckus (knocking over breakables was a favourite, which is why there are no breakables anymore). Derry typically sleeps with me in the cool/cold weather and will wake me repeatedly (every hour or so) for pats and cuddles. I think pet servants must be the most sleep-deprived group of people on the planet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poppy, dear, I've extra pillows on my bed for each of the felines who snuggle with me in cold weather, but they all prefer the one under my head...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Binga definitely has senior moments! But at 16, she is much older than you are, Poppy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wake my mum about every half hour, either by yelling or by walking over her. I like to know that she is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's strange that you called out in the middle of the night, Poppy, but I'm glad your mum was there for you. That's very comforting. My Tungsten used to cry out sometimes. It was a peculiar cry; she likely had had a bad dream and wanted to see if I was there. I would hurry to where she was, usually in her heated cat-bed, and pet her for a while. She would always purr. It's good to have someone to comfort you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is fun to call out to the humans when they are sound asleep. We also like to sit on the foot of the bed and lean toward the door and strain to see around the corner into the hall. Ir makes Mom think someone is coming down the hall! It is more fun when both Mom and Dad are in bed!

    ReplyDelete